ARLINGTON, Texas — In his go back from a 14-month layoff and surgical operation on a indifferent retina, unified champion Errol Spence Jr. made slightly the observation in Saturday’s homecoming about the place he stands within the welterweight department.
Spence (28-0, 22 KOs) prolonged his keep watch over as the ability participant at 147 kilos by way of unifying his WBC and IBF titles with the WBA belt from Yordenis Ugas (27-5, 12 KOs) in an exciting Tenth-round TKO of his sport opponent inside of an electrical AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
A local of within reach Desoto, the 32-year-old Spence traded large pictures all the way through at shut vary as he regarded to make a observation in opposition to the courageous Ugas, who wobbled Spence in Spherical 6 with a flurry of pictures that knocked out his mouthpiece. To Spence’s credit score, he by no means went down and he went directly to swell the precise eye of Ugas close, forcing referee Laurence Cole to forestall the battle at 1:44 of Spherical 10 at the recommendation of the ringside physician.
CBS Sports activities used to be with you all the way through all the manner on Saturday night time, so be sure you apply along side the are living effects and highlights underneath.
Spence vs. Ugas battle card, odds
- Errol Spence, Jr. (c) def. Yordenis Ugas by way of Tenth-round TKO (physician stoppage)
- Isaac Cruz def. Yuriokis Gamboa by way of fifth-round TKO
- Jose Valenzuela def. Francisco Vargas by way of first-round knockout
- Cody Crowley def. Josesito Lopez by way of unanimous choice (98-91, 98-91, 99-90)
- Eimantas Stanionis def. Radzhab Butaev by way of cut up choice (116-111, 117-110, 113-114)
- Brandun Lee def. Zachary Ochoa by way of unanimous choice (99-91, 99-91, 98-92)
Spence vs. Ugas scorecard, are living protection