There are all the time some loopy quirks in the case of the NFL agenda and this 12 months is not any other. The only bizarre factor about quirks is that now not they all are created similarly. Some groups will likely be glad in regards to the quirks on their agenda whilst a number of different groups may not be so overjoyed with the quirks they are passed through the league place of job.
So who were given the craziest quirks? That is a really perfect query, so let’s in finding out.
Listed here are 11 of the most eldritch quirks at the 2022 NFL agenda.
- Bears will likely be spending December at house. The Bears were given a particularly distinctive scheduling quirk: They do not play a SINGLE highway recreation all over the month of December, marking the first time that is took place to the Bears since 1964. The Bears will play a house recreation in opposition to the Packers in Week 13 (Dec. 4). They’ve a bye in Week 14 (Dec. 11) after which they apply that up with a house recreation in Weeks 15 (Dec. 18) and 16 (Dec. 24). Even supposing they do play a highway recreation in Week 17, that recreation falls on Jan. 1, this means that they have got ZERO highway video games in December.
- Chiefs get passed killer opening agenda. With their 2022 agenda, the Chiefs will change into the primary workforce in NFL historical past to open a season with 8 instantly video games in opposition to groups that completed above .500 the prior season (By the use of Elias Sports activities Bureau). The stretch begins in Week 1 after they trip to Arizona after which continues to Week 9. Here is a take a look at their brutal opening eight-game gauntlet: At Cardinals, Chargers, at Colts, at Buccaneers, Raiders, Expenses, 49ers, bye, Titans.
- Jets and Ravens with atypical begin to agenda. The Jets will get started the season through taking part in each and every workforce within the AFC North over the primary 4 weeks marking the primary time for the reason that 1970 merger that the Jets have performed 4 instantly video games in opposition to the similar department at any level in a season. At the Ravens’ finish, they’re going to be beginning the season with 4 instantly video games in opposition to the AFC East, marking the primary time they have got opened the season in opposition to 4 groups from the similar department.
- Commanders pass back-to-back. The Commanders have a particularly distinctive quirk on their agenda: They will be taking part in back-to-back video games in opposition to the Giants beginning in Week 13. After taking part in at the highway in New York that week, the Commanders may have a bye in Week 14 earlier than taking part in host to the Giants in Week 15. This marks simply the second one time since 1991 that an NFL workforce has performed back-to-back regular-season video games in opposition to the similar an opponent. That being stated, the NFL is obviously getting extra happy with the theory for the reason that best different time it took place during the last 30 years got here ultimate season with the Browns going through the Ravens in back-to-back video games.
- Tough highway to begin the season. There are best 3 groups within the NFL who should play their first TWO video games at the highway this 12 months and the ones groups are: The Buccaneers, Colts and Patriots.
- Tough highway to finish the season. At the reverse finish of the spectrum, there are seven groups that may shut out the season with two instantly highway video games, then again, best two of the ones groups gets caught taking part in two instantly DIVISIONAL highway video games to near the season: The Vikings and Panthers.
- Bye, bye, bye. The Texans are going through 3 groups that will likely be coming off a bye this 12 months, which is essentially the most within the NFL. That is not superb since groups will likely be getting further leisure and preparation time previous to taking part in Houston. At the different finish of the spectrum, there are seven groups who will likely be going through a complete of 0 combatants coming off a bye: Expenses, Lions, Broncos, Buccaneers, Chiefs, Bears, Commanders.
- AFC West is the most efficient. The 4 AFC West groups are recently scheduled to make a complete of nineteen primetime appearances in 2022, which is tied for the second-most within the Tremendous Bowl generation, in line with NFL analysis. The one department to get scheduled for extra primetime video games was once the NFC East in 2015.
- Week 14 bye. The Falcons, Bears, Packers, Colts, Saints and Commanders have all landed a Week 14 bye, which is notable for 2 causes. First, it is tied for the newest scheduled bye that any workforce has ever been given for the reason that NFL expanded to 32 groups in 2002. Groups appear to favor having a later bye and ultimate season proved why: 2021 was once the one time since 2002 the place groups got a Week 14 bye and all 4 groups that won a bye that week ended up completing the 12 months with a successful file.
- 3 groups close out of Amazon’s debut season of “Thursday Night time Soccer.” This season will mark the primary time ever that Amazon will completely have the Thursday evening bundle and for the inaugural 12 months, 29 of the league’s 32 groups will likely be making an look on Amazon Top. The 3 that may not? The Giants, Vikings and Lions. That being stated, all 3 of them gets to play a Thursday recreation this 12 months and that’s the reason as a result of all 3 will likely be taking part in on Thanksgiving.
- Further lengthy highway commute. The Packers, Dolphins, Eagles and Chiefs have one large factor in not unusual this 12 months: They are the one groups within the league that experience to play 3 consecutive highway video games. Even supposing that isn’t superb, NFL groups that get caught with a three-game highway commute at the agenda are 22-11 on the ones journeys since 2018.
Optimistically you’ll be able to galvanize your entire buddies this weekend along with your quirky wisdom of the NFL agenda.